This blog post is kinda different from my usual posts and I’m really excited to do this.
THE RULES ARE THE FOLLOWING:
Ø You must be honest
Ø You can’t not answer a question
Ø You have to tag at least four people
Which book has been on your shelves the longest?
- Most of my childhood books are kept in cupboards, but I think the book that has been on my shelf for the longest time is a poetry book that my parents gave me back in grade school. It’s a pretty sweet book which contains compilations of poems from parents for their children.
What is your current read, your last read and the book you’ll read next?
- My current read is Holding Ground by Alice Rachel, my last read was Songs of Our Breakup by Jay E. Tria, and the book that I’m planning to read next is Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks.
What book did everyone like, but you hated?
- I don’t think I hated a book. But there was this one book—Finding X by Miles Tan (She’s a Filipino indie author in case you’re wondering!)—which I only rated 3 stars because I didn’t feel too attached to the characters and to the LI. I also kind of didn’t feel any spark between the MC and the LI. But it has a 3.9 rating on Goodreads, so I guess people liked it more than I did.
What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
- I’ve been seeing a lot of hype on books by Sarah J. Maas, and I wanted to read her books but I still haven’t bought myself a copy.
Which book are you saving for retirement?
- I honestly don’t know.
Last page: read it first or wait till the end?
- Wait till the end! I don’t want to spoil myself.
Acknowledgements: waste of paper and ink or interesting aside?
- I personally think that acknowledgements are interesting! I really read that part of the book.
Which book character would you switch places with?
- Hmm, I think I’d like to switch places with the MCs of Jennifer E. Smith’s and Stephanie Perkins’ books. I would love to travel and experience boarding schools!
Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life (a person, a place, a time)?
- A lot of books remind me of several persons. The three books by Stephanie Perkins remind me of a lot of things like past experiences, different persons and it even reminds me of my boyfriend.
Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
- I think the books that I acquired in an interesting way are the books of The Maze Runner series (prequels not included). It was sent to me by a friend. And I was surprised when I received it because I didn’t know that she’ll be sending it to me.
Have you ever given away book for a special reason to a special person?
- Yes, I give books as presents to people who I know loves books.
Which book has been with you the most places?
- I don’t always bring a book whenever I go places so I don’t know.
Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
- I can’t recall any required reading that I hated in high school, but if I probably hated it back then, I haven’t read it again for sure!
Used or brand new?
- I buy either a brand new book or a used one as long as it is still in good condition. (Except that one time I bought a book online and when I received it, one of the books have a torn cover. I didn’t know that the book wasn’t in a good condition. I just didn’t expect that someone can sell a book like that.)
Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
- No, I haven’t read a Dan Brown book.
Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
- I think, no, I haven’t. I have watched some movies but haven’t read the book or sometimes it’s the other way around. There are only a few books that I’ve read and watched the movie adaptation as well. I can say that I liked the movie adaptation of Maze Runner, but I did enjoy reading the book and there were a few changes in the movie. But I did liked it and I did like Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Ki Hong Lee. Maybe I liked the movie as much as I like the book.
Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks excluded?
- I can’t think of a particular book right now but I think, yes, a book have made me hungry!
Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
- I’ll always take a book advice by my friend, D.
This tag was so much fun to do! I’ll be tagging some book bloggers on an Instagram post.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post. 🙂