March is almost over and I haven’t bought that much books for the past months. I just couldn’t decide yet on what books to buy first but I do have a very, very long list of books that I want to read and to buy this year!
Read on to see if you have read some of the books on the list or are you planning to read and buy them too!
- Harry Potter series: Sorry! *hides face* Yes, I haven’t read it. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t be considered as a bookworm anymore, right? I’m still thinking whether to buy the complete series or one book at a time.
- The Mortal Instruments series: I’ve been meaning to buy this series for so long now! But things always happen. Whenever I go the mall and really intending to buy the boxed set, it’s out of stock. When I was planning to just buy the book 1, all books are available but book 1. It’s fate. Bad luck. I don’t know. I was supposed to order online, thinking that I could definitely have it and maybe save a little, I tried to compute how much it’ll take and I definitely won’t be able to save. I might actually spend a little more. But anyway, I’ll still look for this series.
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (+ the first 2 books): I’ve read TATBILB and PSISLY and oh my God, I love them. I’ve always loved reading contemporary romance and this was my favorite duology (which is a trilogy now!) Though I’ve read the ebooks of the first two books, I’d love to have a physical copy too because I’m planning to re-read the books before I get on to the third book.
- Holding Up the Universe: I’ve been seeing this book and it’s pretty cute cover. I have no idea about this book (never tried to search for it) but a friend recommended it to me, so yeah, I want to buy it.
- Milk and Honey: One of my goal for this year is to read more poetry. I have read so many good reviews about this book and I’m really interested in this.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses, A Court of Mist and Fury: I’ve seen all the hype for this SJM books and I’m pretty intrigued. Is it really worth all the fangirling and feels?
- How Hard Can Love Be: I’m just interested with it because I one of my favourite genre is contemporary + the cover is so cute! (forget about “don’t judge the book by its cover” lol)
- Before I Fall: I just saw the movie trailer and immediately got interested with the book!
Here are some more books that I want to buy but these are written by Filipino authors.
- Lost Hearts by Kota Yamada: A poetry book by a Filipino-Japanese writer. It’s a poetry book so I thought I must try to read it. No more explanations.
- One Crazy Summer, What’s In Your Heart, Someday With You and other stories, basically any book by Ines Bautista-Yao: I’ve read Only A Kiss (and I love it!) so I thought I should read more of her books.
- Maybe This Time by C.P. Santi: This is a compilation of short stories and (correct me if I’m wrong) I think it’s all about second chances!
- The Bye-Bye Bouquet by Chi Yu Rodriguez: It’s another romance class book and it has a really pretty cover and an interesting synopsis.
- Hai (Na) Ku and other poems by A.A. Patawaran: The title actually caught my attention. From a famous type of poetry: Haiku and can I say with an added touch of Filipino culture because of the word “na”? Okay, so this poetry book is written by another Filipino author.
I still have other books that I want to buy and read but I can’t think of them right now. What do you guys think about these books? Do you have any opinions? Or recommendations? Comment down below! I’d love to hear your thoughts. 🙂